Over 35 Years of Service

What Is My Case Worth?

In determining how much a personal injury or wrongful death case is worth, there are numerous factors that have to be taken into consideration.

First and foremost among these is whether your accident was due to the negligence or fault of another party, and, if so, whether it was entirely the fault of the other party, or was partially your fault as well.

If the other party was completely at fault, then he and his insurance company would be responsible to compensate you for 100% of your damages. On the other hand, if you were partially at fault, too, then the other party would only have to pay for the percentage of your total damages that he specifically caused.

For example, if your total damages were $100,000, and the other party was found to be 75% at fault for causing the accident and you were found to be 25% at fault, then under California law he would have to pay 75% or $75,000 of your total damages. He would not be liable for the remaining 25% of your damages attributable to your percentage of fault.

This is called the law of “comparative fault” or “comparative negligence” in California where the other responsible party only pays your damages in proportion to his degree or percentage of fault.

Many other factors also affect how much your case is worth. Ordinarily, you can recover not only for your injuries, including physical and emotional pain and suffering, but also for your past and future medical bills and loss of earnings.

If you have suffered injuries that have left you with permanent residual problems or disability, then that can obviously increase significantly the ultimate value of your case, as opposed to the situation where someone is injured for several months, but then makes a full recovery.

If you had a preexisting condition or injury that was aggravated by your current accident, then that can also have a definite bearing on what your case could be worth.

An experienced personal injury attorney will carefully consider and evaluate these issues and all other aspects of your life that have been affected by your injuries, including the financial impact on your employment, your social and recreational activities, and the disruption to your family and lifestyle in general.

The law firm of Ryneal & Ryneal has specialized exclusively in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases in the Inland Empire and throughout California for the last 30 years. Their practice is solely limited to these kinds of cases so they are experts in this field.

Ryneal & Ryneal handles virtually every type of serious personal injury and wrongful death case, including automobile and motorcycle accidents, defective product cases, construction accidents, landowner liability cases like slip and fall, dog bite incidents, and all other serious injury cases.

They have successfully handled literally thousands of personal injury and wrongful death cases over the last 3 decades, and have obtained tens of millions of dollars in compensation for their clients.

Ryneal & Ryneal has the background and legal expertise to successfully handle your case, and they have their own investigators, and a large network of experts to assist them in properly investigating, evaluating and developing your case so that you can be assured you’ll receive the maximum monetary recovery possible for your injuries and other damages.